Want Monetary Wedding Gifts?
Here's How You Ask
Figuring out how to ask for monetary wedding gifts is one of the most
common things that I tend to come across. I hear things like:
- Can we ask our wedding guests for money?
- How do you ask for money as a wedding gift?
- We don't want gifts, we need money!
Before I got married I lived with my parents and my husband lived with
So having a traditional gift registry was great for us because we
didn't have things like cookware, linens or a microwave.
But many couples are now living on their own before they get married and
therefore do not really benefit from the gifts normally given for
Even though we needed those traditional gifts we still appreciated the money that we received.
A Registry for Receiving Monetary Wedding Gifts
Instead of printing "monetary gifts are appreciated" on your wedding
invitations or spreading the word that you need cash, why not create a
registry to get the funds that you need.
Your guests can then contribute money towards your honeymoon, home
renovations, or other items not found on a Bloomingdale's or Crate and
How to Get Started
Creating an online registry for receiving money is free for you (it can also be used to create registries for graduations, house warmimgs, baby showers, college trunk parties, etc.)
Creating your registry is very easy:
- Go to the online registry here and create an account using the "Create Account" link near the top of the page.
- Enter a username of your choice
- Enter your current email address
- Enter a password of your choice
- Write down your username, email address used and password so that you can log in later to see when guests contribute towards gifts and to withdraw funds from gift contributions.
- Once you have an account you can create your registry for receiving monetary wedding gifts.
- Enter your name, address, etc.
- For referrer the default "2register" should already be filled in for you since you came through this website to register for your own registry not to view or contribute to someone else's.
- Invite your wedding guests to view your registry.
- You can create a wedding website which comes with the registry.
- Send wedding guests to the website to get information about your wedding and view your registry.
- Mention your wedding website on your Save the Dates which can be done inexpensively.
Whether you live in the United States, Australia or another country, you
can register to receive monetary gifts because it is available to be
used in all countries and supports all major currencies.
Other Benefits of Using This Registry
Not only can you use this for your wedding gifts but you also get:
- a website builder which allows you to post photos, event information
and maps. You can choose from a variety of looks and colors for your
- an RSVP management tool so that your wedding guest can RSVP online allowing you to keep track of who will be attending.
- a task manager where you can create your own "to do" list to ensure you don't forget a thing.
- a budget planner to keep your finances in order.
- a table allocator to help you create seating arrangements for your wedding reception.
Create Your Monetary Wedding Gifts Registry
Return to the Home Page