Outdoor Wedding Reception Ideas
Take a look at some outdoor wedding reception ideas. You might be
thinking that you need a really beautiful ballroom in order to have a
fantastic reception. But having a reception outdoors can be something
that really sets your event apart from everyone else's.
Outdoor wedding reception ideas
- The most convenient place to have an outdoor wedding reception is on the
grounds of the ceremony site. If there is a large amount of level
ground then you can put up a tent in which to have your reception. You
could also use a terrace if one is available.
- If you or someone that you know has a large back (or front) yard then you might utilize that as an option.
- Some beautifully landscaped public parks may allow you to use their
grounds for a reception. They may even have a pavilion to provide cover
in case of bad weather. You should contact your local parks and
recreation department to find out more information.
- Utilizing a favorite beach could be a possibility, but you should be aware that the water could make it a noisy affair.
- I think that placing your tables around a pool (yours or a rented
pool) with floating candles is a romantic setting for a reception.
- If you can find a place with a glass atrium (for example a
horticulture center), it gives all of the amenities of an indoor venue
with the scenery of an outdoor one.
- A yacht is also a nice idea and comes with beautiful scenery (the
ocean) and comes with it's own indoor accommodations in case of rain.
Speaking of rain . . .
When you're contemplating outdoor wedding reception ideas you need to
also think about all of the extra things you'll need to have for an
outdoor event. There are some things that you may take for granted and
not even realize that you have to provide for an outdoor venue.
- When you are choosing an outdoor location you need to make sure that
the area won't be too noisy and that you and your guests don't break
any ordinances with the noise that you could create.
- Electricity. You need to get wiring together for electricity and lighting for your venue.
- You may also want to hang lanterns in trees or put tree lights on bushes to add more sparkle.
- Dance floor. If you are having your reception on grass you'll want
to get flooring and a dance floor put down so that your guests' shoes
(especially heels) don't get stuck in the dirt.
- You may need to provide air conditioning or heat lamps depending on the weather.
- Having the area professionally sprayed for insects may lessen the chance of bee stings and mosquito bites.
- You'll want to have all trees and bushes trimmed and the grass properly mowed for a professional appearance.
Even the best of all outdoor wedding reception ideas could go up in
flames if you don't have a backup plan for bad weather. A tent could do
very well for a quick shower or moderate rainfall. But if a severe storm
threatens your wedding day, a tent may not "weather the storm". You
need to have a contingency plan that also includes the use of an area
with walls and a ceiling.
Here are other outdoor wedding reception ideas